Easily secured with the twist of the sash jammer handle
Offers resistance to deter forced entry
Comes with 1mm and 2mm packers
Available in white and brown finishes
A simple installation of a MAX6Window Lock (Sash Jammer) can make a major difference in the way your home is protected from intruders and burglars!
It is essential to remember that your home can easily be a target of a burglar and taking even the smallest steps to making their entry into your home more difficult can essentially slow them down enough to give up. A very common burglary method with uPVC windows is to lever the door or sash leaf of the window, which creates a gap and allows access to locks etc.
The MAX6 Sash Window Lock is placed to prevent the levering of the door or sash leaf of the window, thus blocking the movement and therefore entry from the outside. With a simple turn of the window lock arm, you are protected:
Each pack comes with 2 MAX6MUM SECURITY Sash Jammers and can be fitted either to a uPVC door or uPVC window. Though generally you can use each on a separate opening of your home, you can choose to fix both to a single door or window for added security. They are very simple to install and come with step by step instructions. They are very effective and inexpensive, and are designed to blend in with the hardware of your door or window.
At MAX6 we are constantly striving to improve on the products we already supply as well as develop new, pioneering ranges and practical product solutions.
With an in house testing centre and product developer, each stage of the development process is thorough, from the initial design right down to the final product. In house 3D printing technology allows for further and more precise advancement of our products which are then expertly manufactured and put through stringent testing conditions using in house test equipment – ensuring all products are designed to the highest standards:
UV Sunlight Testing Machine
Used to test the colourfast of plastic and anodised products, the UV machine measures the stamina of the window restrictor finish, testing how quickly it will fade in sunlight. It does this using UV lights which the products are left under for 2000 hours.
1. First you will need to see if your window opens inwards or outwards. If the window opens inwards, the sash jammer (A) is to be fitted to the fixed window frame. If the window restrictor opens outwards, it is to be fitted to the window on the same panel as the window handle.
2. You will need to decide how high on the window you want the sash jammer. We recommend that you have it around half way up the panel.
3. Take the sash jammer and place it on the window (either on the fixed panel, or the frame itself (see step 1). Mark the 2 screw holes on the window frame using a pencil.
4. A removable cap has been provided on the end of the sash jammer. Turn the securing arm of the sash jammer 90 degrees, so it is in a locking position on the window. If the end of the sash jammer is a tight fit against the window frame, then you will need to remove the cap by pulling it off. If there is a small gap, then leave the cap on the end.
5. Remove the sash jammer from the window, and using a drill, make pilot holes where you have marked on the window.
6. Place the sash jammer back onto the window panel, and using a drill and 3mm drill bit, screw 2 x self-drilling screws (B) into the sash jammer to secure it.
7. Take 2 of the caps (C) and press them down over the 2 holes on the sash jammer.
8. Check to make sure the sash jammer operates correctly. To do this, turn the securing arm of the sash jammer 90 degrees (left or right depending which side of the window the handle is on), so it is in a locking position on the window. Then try to open your window. If you cannot open your window, the sash jammer is operating correctly.
9. Repeat steps 1-7 with the other sash jammer.
How to Use
To use the sash jammer, simply turn the securing arm 90 degrees (either left or right depending which side the handles are on). This will lock the window, preventing it from opening. If you want to open your window, turn the securing arm 90 degrees and this will allow you to open the window. We advise you keep the sash jammer locked at all times when no one is present in the room, to prevent anyone being able to lever the sash or door leaf and gain unauthorised entry.
We guarantee the products and finish against the following;
Surface Coating Failure
We guarantee that the above products will not tarnish for a period of 3 years subject to;
1. The products are applied internally to a door, window frame or door panel and no item of door furniture on the door, window frame or door panel are sealed or fixed using any form of silicone sealant or the like
2. The products are fixed internally and correctly using the correct fixings and are not scratched or damaged at any time during the installation process or thereafter
3. The products are cleaned monthly with a moist cloth and not with any form of cleaning agents
4. No claim will be accepted for any product that is scratched or mutilated or fitted incorrectly
We guarantee that the above products will not fail mechanically during the 3 year guarantee period subject to the conditions outlined above.
Loading 360° Product View
Tip: Hold mouse button and move around to rotate the 360° animation.